Saturday, April 24, 2010

First post

So I was thinking tonight about how I often become obsessed with a given topic and then for minutes, or hours or days I have a running monologue in my head about said topic. Basically, my opinions and arguments about said topic. It's often political, and poor Erik often has to hear most of it, usually right before bed when all he wants to do is cuddle a bit and then get some sleep. But then I keep him up until all hours of the night, just spewing out my bottled up diatribe all over the place. But then I thought, "Hey! That's what the internet is for!" So here I am, and hopefully Erik's going to start getting more sleep.

Of course, I come home and start this blog and then I'm confronted with a blank page and I totally freeze. I need to remind myself that NO ONE is going to read this, and that it's just a forum for spilling the crazy. (That phrase was coined by either Drea or Ursula, and I am eternally grateful, and either of them can have it back if they decide they want to start a blog.)

Also, when I thought about starting to do this, I was full of hate and I had a whole spiel ready to go all about Gay marriage, I think. But then I saw a couple of movies and ate some ice cream, so now the crazy has pretty much leaked out. Don't worry, I'm sure y'all will get to hear my Gay marriage speech at some point. For now, movie reviews!

Date Night: I liked it. I'm a pretty big Tiny Fey fan and a Steve Carell fan so that's not entirely unexpected. I was a little worried about whether they would have chemistry or if it would just be this awkward Liz-Lemon-is-married-to-Michael-Scott thing, but they are good together. It did seem kind of like three different movies were stitched together like Frankenstein's monster: a romantic comedy, an action flick (seriously, one of the most interesting car chases I've seen in a while) and a raunchy-Apatow-esque comedy. But they were all three GOOD movies, so I'm ok with that.

How to Train Your Dragon: it was awesome. Go see it, preferably in 3D on a ginormous screen.

OK, that's probably enough crazy-spilling for now. I will leave you with one parting thought: I've been reading the Book of Matthew, and honestly Jesus comes off as kind of a dick. I was a little surprised! I'll have to see what the other Gospels hold...

Night!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I totally freaked out on Facebook this morning when I saw you had a blog linky. I wondered how in the WORLD I'd missed that! So fun! Spill away lady and seriously, Adam has crazy brain syndrome all.the.time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    I totally hear you on the running monologue in the head syndrome...B suffers the same effects as Erik, hence my blog!

    (I have a private and a public blog, so my mother-in-law can keep updated on our life without needing to know the more gritty details of my period and stuff like that...)

    ReplyDelete